In light of recent events, I’ve decided to conduct a social experiment.
The rules are such:
- No walking up to or talking to a guy unless he approaches you first.
- No texting him first.
- No admitting of any feelings unless he tells you what he’s thinking first.
- Remember that you have the control, the power to explore your options; it is your choice to say yes or no, not theirs. You’re the goddess. But let him do 1-3 first.
- Be a sassy mo-fo and throw a little attitude in there. Twiddle your thumbs, look away, and say things like “I don’t know” or “We’ll see,” when they ask you a question or invite you to a place you’re not so sure about. Confuse the shit out of them. Leave them begging for your approval. Play the game.
- Ultimately, let someone adore you before you adore them. Let them chase you like a cheetah, girl.
- Look for red flags. They’re so easy to miss even when they’re sitting right in front of you. The way a person behaves when you meet them is most likely the person they’re going to be in six months. Let go of the illusion that you’re going to change the unresponsive workaholics and assholes of the world. You’re not.
This is not advice. It is just a list of stupid, made-up rules.
I’m not very good at following rules, but for sake of this experiment, I will do my best.